EUROPEAN HAEMOPHILIA NETWORK
EUHANET is a project aimed at establishing a network of haemophilia centres to work together on a number of related projects to improve the care of European citizens with inherited bleeding disorders.
The project will be directed from Sheffield in the UK by Dr Mike Makris. There are five associated partners:
- European Haemophilia Consortium (EHC)
- European Association for Haemophilia and Allied disorders (EAHAD)
- University Medical College Utrecht
- Medical Data Solutions and Services Ltd (MDSAS)
- and Fondazione IRCCS Ca’ Granda in Milan
In addition 84 centres from 26 countries have already committed to participating and were part of the original funding application.
FUNDING THE PROJECT
Sixty percent of the funding is provided by the European Commission via its Executive Agency for Health and Consumers (EAHC) and the rest will be raised from industry.
The project started on 1st June 2012 and will continue until 31st May 2015